(amended January 31, 2001)
• Improve communication among all parties interested in the management of nonindustrial private forest lands.
• Aid in coordinating actions of all parties which affect such lands to improve program effectiveness.
• Encourage consensus among national, state and local parties interested in the social and economic contributions of such lands.
• Encourage actions to help non-industrial private forest landowners become knowledgeable of the consequences of their forest management and timber harvesting decisions.
• Provide information to both public and private decision makers on the facts affecting forest management and the consequences of decisions affecting such lands.
Council participation shall be open to all organizations and individuals interested in nonindustrial private forest lands.
An Executive Committee shall constitute the decision making body of the Council and shall consist of representatives of the undersigned organizations.
The Executive Committee will annually elect a Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson from its membership.
This charter may be modified or amended as necessary by the Executive Committee. Agreement with this charter is signified by the signatures of the Executive Committee members below.
The Council will undertake necessary activities to accomplish its mission.
These activities may include establishment of task forces to address specific issues, newsletters, questionnaires, periodic reports and mailings.
All Council members will be invited by the Executive Committee to participate in periodic forums for the purpose of discussing and illuminating private forestry issues, and to receive reports of Executive Committee activities.
The Executive Committee will take formal positions on issues only by unammóus consent.
The Executive Committee will meet as needed, but at least quarterly. Committee meetings may be proposed by any Executive Committee member and scheduled at the call of the Chairperson.
We, the undersigned, hereby ratify this charter and declare the NATIONAL COUNCIL to be established this 13 day of February, 1985
W. Slocum Jr.
Contact us: email@example.com